Beaver is Beaver because …
This year, parents and students from the Class of 2021 came together to share what makes Beaver, Beaver.
In this three-part video series, hear about the people, the work, and the school.
More about the Senior Annual Fund
The Senior Annual Fund is a meaningful opportunity for families and seniors to celebrate and reflect on the positive academic and extracurricular experiences they have had at Beaver. It is also a moment when the school invites seniors to join their parents and guardians in participating in philanthropy by making their first gift to the Annual Fund—BVR’s top fundraising priority. These are flexible funds for all teachers and students.
Since 2008, parents from the senior class have provided a large portion (some years up to 25 percent) of the Annual Fund. It’s a “super-charged” Annual Fund gift. In addition, seniors have reached 100 percent participation for the past few years.
- Heeten Kalan P’21, ’23
- Lynn Youngen P’21, ’23, ’23
Four things you need to know about the Senior Annual Fund:
- It’s a “super-charged” Annual Fund gift. Every year, parents from the senior class provide a large portion of the Annual Fund.
- The Annual Fund gifts from previous senior classes have benefitted our kids—and now it is our turn to “pay it forward.”
- These are flexible funds for all teachers and students.
- This allows us to pause, celebrate, and reflect on the positive academic and extracurricular experiences students have had, and the fondness we feel for the teachers.
We are continuously asking ourselves, ‘Are we giving every teacher and student the ideas, tools, and space to learn and explore in a way that brings out their very best?’ And to answer this question, Beaver’s fundraising has gained momentum in recent years to ensure that we continue to offer the best programming and facilities.
— Heeten Kalan ’21, ’23
Senior Annual Fund goal 20-21
The total Annual Fund dollars goal is $2M+, of which $550K Senior Parent Gift (SPG) with 100% parent participation.