The steps for applying for admission to Beaver are outlined below.
STEP 1: Inquire online
Beaver uses Ravenna for our online inquiry and application. If you already have a Ravenna account, simply log in and “Explore” Beaver. If you do not have a Ravenna account, click the “Inquire” button below to fill out our inquiry form and we’ll send you information about Beaver.
STEP 2: Visit
Beaver hosts three Admission Information Events each fall. Please join us for any of these optional information sessions to learn more about Beaver and the application process. No registration is necessary.
- October 17, 2019: 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- November 11, 2019: 8:15 to 11:30 a.m.
- December 10, 2019: 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
We also welcome you to schedule an optional group tour of the school. Group tours take one hour and are offered at the following times by appointment only (please call 617-738-2725 to schedule).
- Monday: 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday—Friday: 8:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
STEP 3: Interview
An interview is a required part of the admission process and must be completed by January 15.
Call the Admission Office at 617-738-2725 to schedule an appointment. At least one parent or guardian should accompany the applicant. The visit includes separate interviews with the applicant and parent(s)/guardian(s) and an in-house writing sample to be completed by the applicant. This gives the Admission Officer a chance to get to know the applicant and the family. You can expect the interview process to take about one hour. Interviews are offered daily at the following times:
- Monday: 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday-Friday: 9:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Prior to your interview, please create a Ravenna account and indicate that you are “Exploring” Beaver. From here you will be able to complete the application but are not required to do so before the interview.
STEP 4: Apply
All application materials are due by January 15.
Click on the button below to complete our online application through Ravenna Solutions. When you arrive at the page you will be asked to create an account, at which point you will be able to look up Beaver in the “School Directory” and complete the application. For any technical questions about Ravenna, please contact them directly by following the instructions on the login page. Please note that you must apply through Ravenna, as we no longer accept or provide paper applications.
Standardized Test Scores: All applicants are required to take either the SSAT or the ISEE. Applicants may register for either test online and request that scores be sent directly to Beaver (ISEE school code 220595 OR SSAT school code 1528). Either test must be taken by the application deadline of January 15.
Financial Aid: To apply for Financial Aid, please visit SSS and complete the online Personal Financial Statement (PFS), entering school code 1528.
A completed financial aid application includes:
- Completed PFS for all parents (including spouses if remarried)
- Signed copy of your 2018 federal tax return including all supporting documents, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s
- Signed copy of your 2019 federal tax return including all supporting documents, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s
- If you are self-employed or own your own business or farm, please submit the Business/Farm Statement directly to SSS and include your business taxes with your federal tax return
The deadline for prospective families applying for Financial Aid is February 1.
STEP 5: Notification
The Admission Office publishes decisions on Ravenna on March 10 (for applications submitted by January 16). Admitted students have until April 10 to submit enrollment contracts and tuition deposits. Admitted students will have the opportunity to re-visit campus and attend classes before they must decide (re-visit days are in early April after our students return from spring break).
Application guidelines for home-schooled students
- A detailed syllabus for last year’s academic work, as well as this current year: The syllabus should include course names, length of each course, textbooks/resources used, and instructors’ names.
- A writing assignment sample from the current year: This should include the assignment, the student’s work, and the instructor’s final evaluation and/or comments.
- Transcript for last year’s academic work as well as the current year: This should include course names with final comments and/or evaluations for each subject. Please also indicate if these courses run on terms, trimesters, or quarters.
- Weekly Schedule: A detailed, daily schedule for a typical week of school. Please also include any extracurricular involvements.
- Teacher Recommendations: Please have the instructor(s) complete the Math and English Recommendations to the best of their ability. Of course, some of the information requested will not be applicable to home-schooled students, however any and all information they can provide is helpful.