Welcome to the Beaver Expanded Learning Experience for MS students and teachers. We have created this online experience as a hub to keep our community informed, engaged, and connected during this unusual time. On this page, you’ll find the links and resources you—students and families—need as we shift to this current version of school. We’ll be updating this page regularly with updates and activities from our community, examples of student and faculty work, and any additional information you may need during this time.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE EXPANDED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
In the Middle School, we set up the schedule so students have access to all aspects of the MS experience.
- Our 6th grade students will follow this schedule; 7th and 8th grade students will follow this schedule. Each day they will know what they need to do and when they need to do it. In addition to academic time, weekly schedules include blocks for Feed Your Brain, community time, BVRFit + Wellness, and Make Create Robot activities.
- Students will go to Canvas to find daily class assignments and their Google Meet links for each class.
- Teachers will be very clear about synchronous class time and outside of that time will make sure students are able to be in touch whenever needs arise.
- There will be daily advisory check-ins to build continuity of connection and allow for advisors to monitor the learning experiences of their advisees.
- We will also be putting activities together to allow for daily physical activity at home.