We had a highly successful summer training program and preseason. We are excited to kick off our fall athletic season.
We are still in Phase 2 (similar to preseason) which includes sport-specific training with your teams and coaches. When it is deemed appropriate we will move into Phase 3 of our athletic plan. This will include more traditional team practices (modified to maintain proper distance). Similarly to the academic schedule pendulum, we will communicate with families when we are moving forward with our phases or if we need to move back to a previous phase.
Golf and Cross Country
We’ve received approval to move into Phase 4 and Phase 5 for Golf and Cross Country. This means our students are allowed to compete intrasquad, as well as against other schools. We are currently working on building a schedule that reflects this. These details will be communicated shortly.
Note: Students will continue to follow all safety protocols deemed appropriate for the activity.
When students are remote for academics they will also be remote for athletics.
There will be team meetings via Google Meet or Zoom from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Coaches will share a training schedule, and on the days there is not a team meeting or in-person session, students will complete their teams training at home on their own time.
Week of September 7
There are no on-campus or in-person activities.
🗓 Friday, September 11, 10:40–11:00 a.m. all teams except Varsity and JV Golf and Varsity Volleyball. These two teams will meet at 3:30 p.m.
Get-to-know your coach. Coaches will send email with link to the Google Meet or Zoom.
Athletics Policies & Protocols
We are following all state and local guidelines. Safety is our top priority, and we are doing our part to reduce risk—with social distancing and other protocols in place.
We will continue to follow all safety guidelines and protocols that we practiced during the summer training sessions and preseason, including:
- Students must wear masks at all times (including during physical activity) except while in a socially distant designated location.
- There will be sanitization stations set up near all fields. Students will sanitize hands and disinfect personal belongings (including their water bottle) prior to walking onto the field.
- Students will bring all personal belongings (items that they want to take home) with them to the practice fields.
- Pick-up: All students engaged in the athletic program MUST be picked up no later than 4:45 p.m.
- No spectators will be allowed.
There will be no lingering on campus; you must depart campus immediately following the workout.
- Post-workout, you will be directed to depart the field near the baseball dugout fence in a socially-distanced manner. A staff member will direct you.
- If you drove yourself, you will walk directly to your car. If you were dropped off, your ride must pick you up at this location. If you can not be picked up on time, we ask that you do not attend the session.
Returning to play after a COVID-19 diagnosis
Please note: to date, we have not had any reported positive cases in our student community.
Due to the nature of the virus and its potential lasting health effects on the cardiopulmonary system, any student with a prior confirmed diagnosis (positive test) for COVID-19 is required to undergo an assessment with their physician prior to returning to participation in sports or fitness activities. Any ongoing symptoms related to COVID-19 should be further examined, including the presence of chest pain or shortness of breath with exertion, heart palpitations, excessive fatigue, or decreased exercise tolerance.
Written medical clearance is required prior to participation in sports. This clearance is separate from the physical exam submitted to the health office annually and is required only of students who have had a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis and want to continue to participate in fitness activities and sports at school. In consideration of keeping our information current, please complete this Athletics and Fitness Attestation form.
At a minimum, in order to be cleared to play after a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, please submit the following to the Athletic Trainer, Alyssa Hart:
- Written clearance by a physician and documentation that a screening has occurred with a detailed history and normal exam, including a normal ECG screening.
- Any other pertinent information and documentation that applies.
For additional policies and protocols, check out the full Healthy Policies and Protocols document.