Updated as of 08.26.21
Please note, these guidelines will be reviewed and changed as needed, over time with changing community status, variants, and in line with CDC, DESE, local, and state guidelines.
Thank you to our panel of expert advisors for their guidance and insight to help inform these protocols and practices.
- Following CDC and AAP recommendations, universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to campus, regardless of vaccination status, is required.
- We are requiring all faculty, staff, and students to share their vaccination status in order to inform our policies and protocols as the virus shifts and evolves.
- All members of the community will continue to adhere to our Big 3: Masking, hand washing/sanitizing, and physical distancing.
- If you feel sick, or have any symptoms, stay home, regardless of vaccination status.
- Refer to the following guide for further details on these protocols.
The following are prevention strategies we are layering onto the above requirements.
- For everyone that is eligible to do so, getting vaccinated is highly encouraged at this time. We will continue to actively review our vaccination policy, taking into consideration our community vaccination rate, what the virus and viral variants are doing, and the health and safety of our full community, some members of which are not yet eligible for the vaccine.
- All students, faculty, staff, and visitors will be required to mask indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Outdoors, masks will be optional.
- Please bring your own masks, including change of masks throughout the day. If you do not have a mask, the school will have extra masks available.
- Masks should properly cover your nose and mouth and secure under your chin, and fit snugly against the sides of your face. Air vents and gaiters are not permitted.
- Students will use special PPE provided by Beaver for chorus, brass and woodwind instruments and will follow other recommendations from music education experts.
- Students, faculty, staff, and visitors will be encouraged to maintain appropriate physical distance as much as possible. It will be critical for our full community to be mindful of respecting each other’s personal space and taking responsibility for the overall safety of everyone.
- Events will be designed to accommodate physical distancing. In the case of unplanned/impromptu events or moments of crowd density (e.g. a fire drill), we ask all community members to respect social distancing to the fullest extent possible.
VENTILATION AND FILTRATION
- With installation complete prior to the 2020 school year, Beaver has a state-of-the-art HVAC system. We will continue to follow best practices as they relate to monitoring and testing the system regularly to ensure the healthiest air quality throughout campus.
- According to Harvard School of Public Health, the target ACH (Air Change per Hour) is at least 5 air changes per hour: 4-5 is Good, 5-6 is Excellent and 6+ is ideal
- Most classrooms in the Main Building exceed 10 ACH per hour from the filtered air via the new HVAC system alone
- Classrooms and spaces in R+D and VPAC with portable HEPA filtered air cleaners is 6 or better ACH per hour
- Gym spaces (including Green Gym) with HEPA filtered air cleaners is 5 or better ACH per hour
- On-site COVID tests will be available to students, faculty, and staff in the Health Office should symptoms begin during the school day. In addition, Beaver will administer rapid tests to employ a “Test and Stay” strategy in order to minimize the need for unvaccinated close contacts to quarantine away from school.
- In addition, we are using the last few days before school starts to actively assess current factors – like vaccination rate, community health, local and state guidelines, and available resources – to create a plan for how screening testing could develop and evolve.
VISITORS ON CAMPUS
- We will return to allowing visitors on campus. Visitors will follow the same COVID protocols as students and faculty/staff (mask indoors, hand washing/sanitizing, social distance) and check in with the front desk located near the main entrance.
- Students will be allowed to participate in class trips, as long as they adhere to the guidelines of the host organization in addition to following BVR’s protocols. Mask wearing on buses and/or other public transit will be required.
LIVE PERFORMANCES AND CAMPUS EVENTS
- For indoor performances, all audiences will be masked 100% of the time, with social distancing encouraged if feasible. We will not limit seating to enforce distancing, but may consider multiple performances to reduce capacity.
- Campus events should be held outside as much as possible. If indoors, guests must remain masked at all times.
- All presenters will be masked while presenting, regardless of vaccination status.
- Beaver is planning to have a full fall season of sports, competitions, and fitness programming.
- Students, coaches, trainers, and staff will be mask-optional outdoors and required to mask indoors.