From politicians to scientists to artists, an array of speakers and visitors come to Beaver throughout the school year. Click on a speaker to learn more about him or her, and check back soon for updates.
ABOUT OUR DECEMBER SPEAKERS
- Chad Finn, a Boston Globe and Boston.com sports columnist, talked to students about covering Boston sports and the impact sports — specifically the Red Sox — had on the city in the months following the Boston Marathon bombings. Read more from Chad and follow him on Twitter.
- Chris Schroeder, entrepreneur, advisor, and investor spoke to students at an US Forum about the changing technology landscape and how the biggest enhancements may not be happening where we think. Follow him on Twitter.
ABOUT OUR NOVEMBER SPEAKERS
- Ethan Zuckerman, author of Rewire and director of the Center for Civic Media at MIT, Skyped with all students about using technology to create more global conversations. Read more about Ethan and follow him on Twitter.
- Rick Webb, co-founder of Barbarian Group, advisor to Tumblr, and venture partner at Quotidian Ventures, visited Beaver’s entrepreneurship class and shared his start-up experiences. Read more from Rick and follow him on Twitter.
ABOUT OUR OCTOBER SPEAKERS
- Michael Bronner, Beaver parent and founder of Upromise, Digitas, and UNREAL candy, talked with students in Beaver’s entrepreneurship class.
- Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe op-ed columnist, spoke at an All School Assembly about the merits of awarding the Nobel Peace Prize. Read more from Jeff and follow him on Twitter.
- Elizabeth Wahn ’61, author and Beaver alumna, read to MS students from her novel Lindsey and The Jedgar and also discussed Shakespeare.
- Andrea Gibson, poet and social activist, was the keynote speaker at the Beaver GSA Summit. Watch this powerful poem by Andrea and follow her on Twitter.
- Jeremy Levine ’05, Beaver alum and co-founder of StarStreet, met with the Beaver entrepreneurship class to discuss starting an online business. Follow him on Twitter.
- Mike Hirshland, founder of Resolute Ventures, shared his wisdom with Beaver’s entrepreneurship class, including info on what makes him invest. Follow him on Twitter.
- Larry DiCara, author of Turmoil and Transition in Boston, spoke at an All School Assembly about his book and the Boston mayoral race.
- John Palfrey, head of school at Phillips Academy, director of the Berkman Center, and author of Born Digital, Skyped with students about technology in the digital age. Read more about the Berkman Center and follow John on Twitter.
- Saeed Arida, founder of NuVu Studio, gave a compelling talk at an All School Assembly about his personal experience with the Syrian conflict. Follow him on Twitter.
ABOUT OUR SEPTEMBER SPEAKER