Class: Religions and Beliefs
Grades: Upper School
Teacher: Geeta Jain
Upper School students in the Religions and Beliefs history course joined Middle School students studying World Religions to attend a hybrid interfaith Religion, Spirituality, and Beliefs Speakers panel. The panel featured guest speakers from different faiths and belief systems and aimed to deepen students’ understanding of the purpose of religion, spirituality, and living in accordance to moral principles.
Two students from the Religions and Beliefs course, Sam Harris ’23 and Sam Rayev ’23, served as moderators for the panel. The guest speakers included the following…
- Amira Quraishi , Wellesley College Islam Chaplin (and Beaver parent!)
- Rev. Matt Carriker, UCC Chaplin
- Zeenat Potia, Cambridge Insight Center, Buddhism speaker
- Rav. Tiferet Berenbaum, Jewish Rabbi (and Beaver alum!)
- Surinder Jain, Hinduism speaker
- Heli Tuomi Carlile, Humanist speaker
By bringing together a panel of such diverse and insightful speakers, students were able to experience the impact of religious and spiritual beliefs on a personal level. Check out some more photos of the experience below!