Get ready to celebrate, classes ending in 2 +7!
Schedule of Events
May 6, 2022
- 12:00 p.m. Golden graduates luncheon: This luncheon honors all Beaver graduates who have celebrated their 50th reunion and recognizes the class of 1972 on their milestone reunion year. Head of School Kim Samson will welcome the group and share what’s happening now at Beaver.
- 1:30 p.m. Learn like a BVR student: Step back into the classroom and hear from current faculty and students.
- 2:30 p.m. Student-led campus tours OR
- 2:30 p.m. Coffee (or tea!) chat with Head of School Kim Samson: Drop-in at any point from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. to connect with Kim in a small group setting over a casual cup of coffee or tea. You’ll learn more about what’s next for Beaver and have the opportunity to share your favorite Beaver stories.
- 4:00 p.m. Rest, relax, & explore: Continue to walk around campus, cheer on Beaver athletic teams, and connect with classmates—or just rest up for our evening programming!
- 6:00 p.m. “On Hammond Street” A celebration of Peter Hutton, Former Beaver Head of School: We are excited about a jam-packed evening with alumni from all decades. Head of School, Kim Samson will welcome the group and celebrate Peter and his nearly three decades of leadership.
- 7:15 p.m. On-campus class dinners & award ceremony
May 7, 2022
- Off-campus, class-specific events: We will update you as plans develop. Keep an eye on our website for more details!
Class of 1972: 50th Reunion Celebration
Where: The home of Carol Haffenreffer Abrahams, Wellesley, MA
When: 6:00 p.m.
Contact Kit Cunningham for questions and to RSVP
Class of 2012: 10th Reunion Celebration and the Class of 2017 5th Reunion Celebration
Where: Bell in Hand Tavern, 45 Union St, Boston
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Click here to RSVP
BVR Alumni Award
We are pleased to announce our 2022 BVR Alumni Award recipient:
Carol Thomsen ’77, Founder and Executive Director, All Five.
Carol is a Stanford-educated, 30-year veteran teacher. She is the founder of All Five— the only intentionally socioeconomically diverse early childhood education program Menlo Park, CA area—which was inspired by her teaching early childhood education in low-and high-income communities. All Five empowers all families to choose a high-quality early education for their children.
Carol has taught, directed, and founded a number of early education programs, including at Stanford’s Bing Nursery School and Head Start in East Palo Alto. She was a 2013 Silicon Valley Woman of Influence.
About the Award: The BVR Alumni Award recognizes an alumna/us who has achieved distinction in a particular field of endeavor, whether it be in a chosen profession, through formal or volunteer activities, or through personal commitment to an issue, project, or cause. This recipient also demonstrates the Beaver vision and mindset and is an enthusiastic supporter of Beaver Country Day School.