Beaver Athletics had a very successful 2016-2017 winter season!
Some of the highlights include:
Girls Varsity Basketball
- The team finished 16-5 and 9-2 in the EIL. They were selected to participate in the NEPSAC tournament as the number 8 seed and faced a difficult matchup against the number 1 seed St. Lukes in the first round.
- The team had two All-League and NEPSAC All-Stars. Amanda Altman ’19 is a two-time NEPSAC All-Star and won her first EIL All-League award. She finished the season averaging 9 points per game and was a versatile and consistent player throughout the season. Maddie Mullin ’18 last year’s EIL MVP, two-time NEPSAC, and three-time EIL All-League player. She finished the season averaging just over 27 points per game and reached the 1,000 point milestone.
Boys Varsity Basketball
- The team finished the season at 14-10 and 8-0 in the EIL, winning the league the as undefeated champions. They also won the EIL tournament and were selected as the number 7 seed in the NEPSAC tournament, ultimately falling in a very close game to Kingswood-Oxford.
- The team had three EIL All-League Players: Javon Taylor ’17, Jayden DePina ’19, and Nate Freeman ’17. Taylor averaged 10.2 points per game and 6.9 rebounds per game, Freeman averaged 10.7 points per game and shot 34 percent from the three point line, and DePina finished the year averaging 14.4 points per game and 2.8 assists per game and was named EIL co-MVP.
- Ben Campbell ’18 went 15-7 this year, was EIL tournament champion at 145 lbs, and was awarded the outstanding wrestler award at the EIL tournament. He was selected to participate in the NEPSAC tournament and was awarded EIL All-League.
Congratulations to all of our EIL All-League players! See photos from the season on our SmugMug page.