As we head into the winter months, the chance for weather that may cause a delay or cancellation of school increases. There are many ways to stay informed. Hint: social media is your friend.
- Follow Beaver on Twitter.
- Follow Head of School, Peter Hutton on Twitter.
- Visit the Beaver website. If weather affects the school day, you will see a special alert message with details about the closing or delay.
- Like Beaver on Facebook. A post will be made about any weather updates.
- Call the main school number (617-738-2700). If school is closed or delayed, there will be a recorded message.
- Watch the scroll, visit the websites, or sign up for text alerts (see below for more detail).
- Channel 7: www.whdh.com
We will make our decision as early in the morning as possible. In doing so we make every attempt to balance the need to be open for school with everyone’s safety. It may be that the weather is not as severe near school as it is where you live. If this is the case, trust your judgment. Either get to school as soon as you feel it is safe to drive, or if conditions are really bad in your area, email Attendance (firstname.lastname@example.org) that your child will be late or staying home for the day.