Beaver athletics had a very successful 2013-14 winter season!
Athletic Director Sherry Levin says, “We are so proud of the students for their individual accomplishments and their team successes. It is a result of their hard work, commitment to their sport, and dedication of their teammates. Our entire community takes pride in the way they conducted themselves with sportsmanship and class.”
Some of the highlights include:
Girls’ and Boys’ Varsity Basketball
- Stephanie Soto-Rivera ’14 and Jeff Spellman ’14 both reached the 1,000 point milestone. Steph became the 12th player and third female in Beaver’s history to reach the mark with a 27 point performance at Pingree January 29. Jeff became the 13th player to reach the mark during his senior game against Portsmouth Abbey on February 19.
- Both Boys’ and Girls’ Varsity Basketball teams captured the EIL regular season title. This is the boys fifth consecutive championship (undefeated this season), and the girls third consecutive banner.
- Boys’ Varsity Basketball coach, Juan Figueroa, reached his 100th win this season.
- Jacquil Taylor ’14, and Stephanie Soto-Rivera ’14 are voted EIL MVPs.
- Josh Berland ’14 finished fourth in the New England Prep School Wrestling Championships. Unfortunately, in the third vs. fourth place match, he hurt his knee and had to withdraw. He qualified for Nationals but is unable to compete.
- Josh his also the EIL MVP.
- Cam Mayer ’15 is the State Champion in the men’s foil for the third time in four years.